>> Winners of the 2nd Annual QoS <<
Similar to Voyager Blue Alert, Queens of Smut focuses on NC-17 rated J/C fanfiction. Without exception. Meaning, we don't have a category for other pairings, nor do we accept any rating but NC-17. Because, let's face it, we are smut addicts. 8)
So, what's smut mean? It's perhaps a generally understood term, but we actually looked it up for fun:
- (verb) to stain or taint with smut
- (adjective) obscene, indecent
- (noun) obscene language or matter
Yes, yes, why ruin a perfectly good smut fest with rules... Well, because some people don't like certain kinds of smut -- us mainly. And since we're in charge, we're making the rules. 8)
- Stories must be J/C. If you don't like J/C, what are you doing here in the first place?
- Absolutely no slash allowed. The only exception to this rule is if you have either Holo-Janeway or Holo-Chakotay join in on the fun.
- Absolutely no rape stories allowed. We feel strongly about this. You submit rape fic, you don't get posted. Simple as that.
- No drabbles either. They can be fun, but we've yet to read an NC-17 drabble that doesn't leave us yearning for more.
- All stories must be new. Contest entries must be blind links on your websites and mustn't be previously posted anywhere. Rewrites are not new. (Contact us if you don't have a website, in which case we will host your story for the duration of the contest.)
- You may submit four stories in total, but only if exactly two of them are co-authored pieces. Meaning, you may enter two new stories that are written by yourself and yourself only, and another two that are collaborates. You can enter less than that, though.
||July 1 - July 31
||August 1 - August 21